Friday, October 9, 2009

Throbulating


I bought a new knitting book today, and I love it! The book is Reversible Knitting by Lynne Barr, and it is chock full of really unique knitting stitches and some very cool patterns. Even if I don't knit the designs, they provide plenty of good ideas.

I'm throbulating over this dress pattern. This could look really fabulous, or really really bad. I could wear this with leggings, and I love leggings. The problem is, it would take a lot of knitting for me to find out if it's really good or bad. Plus, once leggings go out of style next season, I'm stuck with a too-short dress or a too-long top. I'm thinking of trying it anyway.

2 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

THanks for the review, Betty. The book looks fascinating.
That dress is fabulous. It won't go out of style. You could always wear it with tights, belt it and throw a jacket over it if the tunic look is out?

crochetgurl said...

That dress does look really cute. I'm sure you can totally pull it off. :-)

P.S. I didn't know you grew up in SF's Chinatown. Last year, when I went to Chinatown, I had mango pudding at a restaurant that was soooo good. I grew up as the only Chinese girl in my town so I tend to look at Asian desserts with fascination. :-D