Monday, August 24, 2009

Yarn crawl

I just returned from a short vacation to the northern California wine country and San Francisco, and of course I had to check out some yarn shops. My first stop was at Knitterly in Petaluma. This shop has a really cute store front and a lot of unique yarns. I also like that vibe of lots-of-yarn-everywhere look.


I purchased some more Knit One Crochet Too 2nd Time cotton there.
Next up was Sonoma Yarn in Sonoma. This is a relatively small shop, located away from the main shopping area. The staff does include Frances Purl, the dog. I did not find any yarn to buy, but I did get some long straight Bryspun flexible size 3 needles, which are also known for their sharp points.

In Napa, I visited Yarns on First. This shop has a modern look with great lighting, and all the yarns are organized by color. The owner is friendly and the front of the shop has a table where friendly knitters were doing their thing. The wall shelves do go quite a ways up in height. I purchased some Berroco Lustra there.


My last yarn shop stop was at the ever-so-fun Imagiknit in San Francisco, where I purchased some Plymouth Fantasy Linen.

5 comments:

crochetgurl said...

Ooooh, Imagiknit! I loved that store so much and I can't wait to go back again when I do my usual trip to SF during Christmas. :-)

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Very fun Betty. Every year we are up that way for Thanksgiving and I bought the Kim Hargreaves Book Amber on Yarns on First in Napa (which had the beaded hat). So, indirectly, that yarn shop inspired your new purse :)

crochetgurl said...

Actually, the Malabrigo Lace is going to be an Ishbel. For when I want to enter Imagiknits in style around Christmas time. :-D

Tammy said...

Wow! What a beautiful collection of sweaters you've knit... and you work so quickly!

Susie said...

Did a NYC yarn crawl a while back and had a blast. Hoping to do another soon.