Saturday, November 29, 2008

Works in Progress


This is the tweedy pullover of my own design. I just need to do some sleeves. I'm going to knit some short sleeves with shaped sleeve caps and sew them on. I thought about picking up stitches around the armhole and shaping the cap with short rows, but I think that might result in too many stitches for the sleeve circumference and they would look baggy in the upper arm. I used a double strand of contrast yarn for the single crochet neck border. The slip stitch bow is purely decorative. I left the ends there because I want to attach one or two beads before knotting the ends. I think the sweater will have an Anthropologie-esque look, which is a good thing.

I've also cast on for the lettuce coat, from Custom Knits by Wendy Bernard. I'm going to make mine about 6 inches shorter than the pattern length, so it will be a long cardigan. The brioche stitch looks far better up close and personal than in photos. Photos don't capture the fluffiness and loftiness of the ribbing.

No comments: