Tuesday, May 20, 2008
I finished my trumpet skirt, and it turned out WAY better than I hoped for. I wore it for 10 hours today, and it didn't even bag or sag or nothin'. The yarn is some sort of nubby yarn I got on deep discount from Webs some time ago. It is 100% cotton, and the texture gives the skirt some thickness.
The pattern is very loosely adapted from the Fit-n-Flare trumpet skirt in Knitting Lingerie Style. I kept the 8 panels, but used alternating knit/purl instead of holes. I did increases by adding opposite-stitch triangles, keeping the same increase rate. I stopped at about 25" of length. It was a very simple knit, and didn't take that long.
I must admit that knitting with highly textured yarn isn't that much fun, so I probably won't be doing it again. I used 2 skeins of this yarn (they were BIG skeins) and I still have one skein left, which I'm not sure what to do with.