Thursday, May 7, 2015

FO: Bell Yoke Tee

This is the Bell Yoke Tee, knitted with Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy, one of my favorite warm weather yarns. The gauge is a bit finer than specified, so I did my own sizing for the body. I also knitted it flat in two pieces. I used the smallest yoke size, and I think it could have been even a little smaller with 2 less bells on each shoulder. If you knit this, don't be horrified by how big the armholes are when you complete the body. They are ginormous but the finishing around the armholes has decreases and pulls everything in and keeps the bells looking three dimensional. I love the yoke on this sweater -- it reminds me of those yokes you see in Egyptian drawings, sort of.

I knitted this with a small amount of ease, which is looser than I what I usually do for a pullover of this shape. The back is a bit loose as a result, but the draping makes it okay. The neckline grew too wide very quickly though, so I used my favorite edging of a single crochet row followed by a reverse single crochet to pull it all in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it. The perfect color, too.