Thursday, December 1, 2011

FO: Fingerless gloves


The lovely Claudia and her lovely knitted gloves has inspired me to try knitting some fingerless mittens. I had lots of really nice Silk Maiden yarn left over from this sweater, which remains one of my favorite basic pullovers. I found this free Ostrich Plume Mitts pattern
on ravelry, so I was all set. I wanted to see if these fingerless style mitts would really keep my fingers warm even though the fingers are not covered, and they really do work! They are also very quick to knit, even though I still dislike knitting small things in the round because it's just too fussy. Its also easy to adjust the sizing and fit as you go, and I can see knitting different pairs just by changing the stitch pattern on the back. I made mine a few rows longer on the wrist and a tiny bit wider on the hand section.

1 comment:

Mr. Puffy said...

What fun to see you wearing some Fingerless Mittens ~ and I get the credit (I'm glad I'm not getting the blame - LOL). Love the pretty pattern you used ~ enjoy sipping your coffee in style :)