Monday, July 11, 2011

Sewing FO: Summer dress


In comparison to knitting projects, sewing projects sure do go a lot faster. I've been sewing a lot more this spring and summer. This dress is Vogue Patterns V8555. I brought in the neckline by about 1/2 an inch on each side, and also raised the front of the neckline by about 1/2 an inch. The fabric is this great stretch cotton twill with pinkish goldfish on a pale green background. The bodice is lined with some lightweight muslin and the skirt is unlined. This dress will be perfect for the ginormous garden party that I host every year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and fits you to a 't'. I would make the same mods.

Chloe

yoel said...

Gorgeous! It's such a wonderful summery fun dress!

Robin said...

Super cute! I have this pattern, now I want to make it!