This is the day 4 post of the 2nd annual Knit and Crochet Blog week. I can't believe I found material for another topic. Today's topic is "whatever happened to..."
Last year, I knitted this dress. For some reason, I just wasn't happy enough with it to wear it that often, and it was the top half that I didn't like. One thing I didn't like about it was that the neckline was too high a V, mainly because my crochet edging was too tight. I also just didn't like the way it fit, but I don't know exactly why, except that I think it made me look too top heavy. I really like the skirt section, so I decided to convert it to a skirt.
I did not bother with taking it apart and ripping back the stitches because I just don't have the patience for that sort of thing, and the yarn is way too sticky to rip. Instead, I just took some scissors and cut it apart. I used the sewing machine and zig-zag stitches to keep the knit stitches together, and then sewed on a bias facing and encased an elastic for the waist. And voila! I have a skirt that I'm much happier with.