Saturday, June 19, 2010

FO; Two toned shell



I've finished the two toned shell from Vogue Knitting Spring/Summer 2010 (ravelry link). It's a great top for warmer weather. The Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy is fun to knit with and really comfortable to wear. I converted this pattern so that I could knit it as flat front and back pieces. I also added the lace trim to the armholes because the top in the magazine just looked a little incomplete around the armholes. I'm very happy with the result.

I did have some issue with the pattern for the yoke because I think the stitch counts don't match the pattern schematic dimensions. I adjusted everything to my liking and the gory details are documented on my ravelry page. I widened the neckline a bit also because I don't like crew necklines. I omitted the buttonhole and just sewed the button through both layers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've got ME wanting to make one! The colors are downright juicy - like mango and lime. And the extra length works - I hadn't expected it to.
Chloe

knittingdragonflies said...

Hey this looks better than the one in the mag! Now I want to make one! You look nice and cool in it.
Vicki

knitseashore said...

I agree; your version looks better than the one in the pattern photo! The colors really say "summer" and the ruffled armholes make it special. It looks great on you!

Knittymuggins said...

I love your version Betty! I didn't like the original much, but your improvements have made it so pretty :) Great job!

knittymuggins