Monday, December 7, 2009

Shawl pins


Thanks for all the nice comments about my kimono vest. I thought I'd post something about that shawl pin, which some of you seemed to like. I actually have 2 of these in different sizes. I bought the smaller one at Stitches West this year, and the larger one from an LYS. The interesting thing about these pins is that they were originally marketed as hair ornaments, and you can buy them online here. The interesting about them is that they are flexible, and they have no sharp points. The bars are curved and stay attached to the ornamental figure 8. I found that with the larger one, it's best to actually bend the figure 8 a bit or else the bar tends to separate.

2 comments:

knitseashore said...

They are so pretty! But I have always wondered if you have to be careful so you don't impale yourself with them? :)

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Beautiful! Love the antique feel.