Saturday, June 20, 2009

Summer knitting goals and contest

I stumbled into Skeins Her Way's Summer Knitting Goals contest via crochetgurl's blog. I had some moderate luck with blog contests last year, and maybe my luck will continue. I normally just plod along in my knitting without any goals other than very short term ones like "I'll finish this sleeve by Friday". In the spirit of this contest, I'll list some summer knitting goals:

Finish the Yoke Leaf Top -- no-brainer since I only have about 1.5 hours to go
Finish Hey, Teach! -- also easy because that's a quick knit
Start and finish Veronique from French Girl Knits -- this assumes the yarn I have in mind from my stash will work. If not, I will pick another pattern or maybe use this as an excuse to buy some yarn
Start and mostly finish some other sweater -- I haven't selected which one yet.

For the record, I think of summer as ending on Sept. 22, the autumnal equinox, and not the U.S. Labor Day holiday.

Happy summer solstice, everyone!

2 comments:

robin said...

Sounds like a great set of goals! I think of the end of summer as being September 30, because that's when our "summer hours" at work end.

Good luck with the contest!

knitseashore said...

Veronique is so feminine and beautiful; I can't wait to see what you do with this pattern. I'm still struggling with Paloma.

Good luck with your contest!