Tuesday, October 7, 2008

WIPs

It's time to review my works-in-progress. First up, I'm almost done with this top-down pullover that's not knit from any pattern. I wanted a pullover with some simple cables. The concentric diamonds in the front keeps it from being totally plain. The yarn is Debbie Bliss cashmerino DK, which is lovely to knit with. I fussed with the neckline a bit. I'm happy with this second attempt, which is just a simple purl border that rolls to the inside. My first attempt was a garter stitch collar that was supposed to fold to the outside, but it just didn't come out as envisioned. I'm going to just do some short sleeves. Long sleeves would be too warm.

Next, I've cast on for Ingenue, from Custom Knits by Wendy Bernard. Just for ducks, I folded the collar and knitted it it along with the last row instead of sewing it down later. It looks good enough for me, although I probably would not like it if I were an absolute perfectionist because it does lead to some looser stitches at the junction. I included a collar stitch with the main stitch only on every other stitch.

1 comment:

Knittymuggins said...

Fun! Can't wait to see the FO's ;)

knittymuggins