Sunday, April 20, 2008

A little progress on trumpet skirt


I took a short to Las Vegas last weekend, so this gave me a chance to knit on the plane and in the airports. The flight time is just over an hour, and I did not wait that long at the airport, so I had limited knitting time. I worked on my adaptation of the fit-and-flare trumpet skirt from Knitting Lingerie Style. I did not want the holes, so I used alternating knit and purl panels. I reached the increase section for the skirt bottom and I first thought I would just widen the panels, but then I decided it would be more interesting to just insert triangles of the opposite stitch within the panels. I figure that by the time my triangles hit 20 stitches wide at the bottom, it will be time to finish since I don't need a very long skirt.
In the meantime, I leave you with photos from one of my favorite places in Vegas -- the conservatory in the Bellagio.

1 comment:

Knittymuggins said...

Ooooo, great Bellagio photos!! We didn't make it in there this time around, but I just love their display! I should have tried harder to get hubby to go in because it looks like we missed a great one ;) Thanks for sharing and your skirt is looking great too!

knittymuggins