Friday, April 4, 2008

Casting on


I've cast on for the puffed-sleeve feminine cardigan from Fitted Knits. The yarn is Chelsea by Lily Chin. It's really a denim-like color, and not as bright as shown here on Tomokee the dog. This will probably be a slow knit for me. 22 stitches/4" is probably the finest gauge I've ever knitted. At least it has only short sleeves, so it shouldn't be too bad. I'm probably going to use seed stitch for a lot of the places where the purl bump rows are used, since I don't really like them.

So far, my collar is only 11 rows. I don't want a high band around my neck, and it would probably fold over anyway since this yarn is pretty fine.

1 comment:

Knittymuggins said...

What a cute doggie! We must be on the same knitting wavelength because I've been thinking about this one the past couple days too :) Can't wait to see yours!

knittymuggins