Monday, January 28, 2008

Trumpet Skirt Cast On



I've cast on for the fit-and-flare trumpet skirt from Knitting Lingerie Style. I'm using this slubbed yarn, so the skirt will have some texture. (The texture will also hide a multitude of knitting sins).
I know it defeats the purpose of the lingerie look, but I don't like the holes. I love the trumpet skirt look, however, so I'm going to try using alternating panels of knit and purl. My gauge is only 17 stitches/4" so I'm going to cast on 120 stitches for the smallest size.

This will be a good travel project for car rides and airplanes. It's one piece, simple, and I'm forced to use a circular needle. I normally like long straight needles, but they don't do too well in an airplane seat.

1 comment:

Ellen Bloom said...

This is an ambitious project! Best of luck to you.