Sunday, January 6, 2008

Boxy Cardigan Progress


I've been making progress on the Boxy Cardigan from Vogue Knitting Spring/Summer 2007. I knitted a ribbed border on the sleeves instead of leaving it as an unfinished edge. The border also gathers in the sleeve opening a little bit. I really like the look of the extra-deep raglan sleeves. (I seam as I go).
I think there's an error in the pattern. I finished the left front, but it ended up 10 rows short and seemed to narrow too quickly. I'm going to re-do the decreasing start by decreasing every 4th row instead of every other row for the first 5 decreases.
This is knit with di.Ve Zenith merino yarn. The yarn is really soft and does not appear to itch. It does split a little easily, but I can put up with that. I like it enough to buy a bunch more an webs on sale for 3.99 a ball.

No comments: