Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Linen Dress -- M7242

I finished this dress late last year and it is now finally warm enough that I could take it out for a spin! The pattern is McCall's M7242 and I sewed a sleeveless version with the skirt flounce. My main modification was to change the skirt to not have a button front because I didn't see the need for that many buttons. The elastic waist also fits better if it doesn't have to be split by a front band. The fabric is a lightweight linen that needed a lining only for the skirt section. Removing the skirt opening made it much easier to just line the bottom -- the lining also serves as the elastic casing at the top. This dress is really comfy and easy wearing -- I'm looking forward to putting it to good use this in warmer days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks very refreshing. I love the look and wearing ease of lightweight linen. Chloe

Christie said...

Oh my goodness! This dress is adorable!