Thursday, June 20, 2019

Summer Dress - Butterick B5347

I finished sewing a summer dress from the out-of-print Butterick B5347 pattern. You can still find it on the internet - here's one on amazon. This is one of my favorite patterns for an easy fitting summer dress and this is the fourth time I've used the pattern. It's best made using a crisp fabric on the heavier side of medium weight. In this case, I used a linen with this cool print. I use two buttons at the top instead of one -- the dress seemed to bulge out too much with just one button. Also, I drafted my own pocket pattern -- it's an angular shape that has a pleat to echo the top neckline shape.

Don't look too closely at the back -- I didn't make an effort line up the print pattern on the back zipper seam. I thought about re-doing one side of the zipper, but decided that the pattern is sort of odd anyway and the mis-alignment doesn't look tragic, I hope. :)

This dress will get tons of wear this summer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With this print the pattern 'misalignment' is barely noticeable (I actually would not have noticed it at all) and has a charm all it's own! I love this dress and the pleat tweaking you did with it! Chloe