Friday, December 21, 2018

Herbsaint sweater

It's been awhile since my last posting. Knitting has been a little slower lately. I've been busy with the holiday craft show season selling my 3D printed jewelry - Tiny Right Brain Designs, instagram @tinyrighbrain. I finished this lovely sweater not too long ago and it's gotten good wear already. The pattern is Herbsaint, a Baby Cocktails design. I don't like to knit or wear cabled sweaters, but this design has sparse cables and it's knit in a DK weight with lots of drape. I used Knit One, Crochet Too Batiste, which is one of my favorite yarns. The sweater has a nice modern feel to it with a boxy draped look. I lowered the front neckline a bit and I think I adjusted the width a tiny bit. I did make sure that the stitch patterns matched at the ends of the left and right sleeves. As far as knitting technique, I found that it was faster after a while to do the cable pattern without a cable needle. For the bottom section, I didn't bother to count stitches. I just used the same needle size and picked up two stitches for every three rows of the body and this worked out fine.

I wish all of you a happy holiday season and a great 2019!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the color and the flat cables since I am not a fan of puffy, high-relief cables myself. Very flattering and interesting texture.