Friday, October 20, 2017

My cowl pattern is in publication - woohoo!

I submitted a pattern for this cowl to Knitscene back in March and it was accepted for publication. The Winter 2017 issue is out, along with my pattern! Here is the ravelry link. It's named "Hoppers Cowl" and is a very simple colorwork cowl that uses slipped stitches to achieve the pattern. Each round is knitted in one color and there are no extra loose ends to weave it. it's quite cozy and takes up about one ball of each color of worsted weight yarn. I hope you'll give it a gry!

This is my second published pattern. The first was also a cowl for Knitscene and it was for winter, 2013. At this rate, I should be publishing another pattern 4 years from now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I saw your pattern in Knitscene last week when I bought a copy, But waited until you announced it to make a comment. Congratulations! This is a great opportunity to practice slipped stitches and I do plan on giving it a try. Chloe

Eli cat said...

Wow! That's a great news, betty! I checked the link. The cowl looks lovely and warm. I am really proud of your work. Well done:)

Christie said...

That's awesome. What a great pattern.