Friday, December 4, 2015

Open Cardigan from Vogue Knitting Fall 2015

This is the Open Cardigan by Yoki Hatta, #8 from Vogue Knitting Fall 2015. It's knitted with Malabrigo Worsted, one of my favorite yarns. I made a few changes to the pattern:

  • I made it about 2 inches longer
  • I added a ribbing around the front and neck edge because I wanted a more finished front
  • I made the armholes narrower - about 13 inches instead of 16 inches circumference
  • I used short rows on the lower back to give a bit of a curve
  • I added decreases every 4 rows at the top of the sleeve trim to keep it from poking upward.

This sweater has a very interesting construction. It's put together from three rectangles. The 2 upper back and front rectangles wrap around and it sort of feels like I'm wearing a shawl. It definitely has an oversized look. In general, it's a very cozy sweater to wear and was a very easy knit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the color and the details you mentioned at the hem and sleeve. Also like the back neck. Chloe