Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Scenes from the 2011 SF Bay to Breakers

On Sunday, I took part in the only-in-San-Francisco craziness known as the Bay to Breakers. This was the 100th year of the footrace. By the time I decided to register, it was sold out, so I just tagged along with the vast number of unregistered participants who start way after the elite runners have long finished the race. It was so crowded that it was difficult to move faster than a slow jog on many parts of the route. One of my favorite things was watching all the people hanging out on the porches and balconies in homes along the route. Some were throwing things to the crowd -- things which included mardi gras style beads and, for some reason, tortillas.





1 comment:

Ellen Bloom said...

Great crowd photos! I do love those Banana People!