Tuesday, November 2, 2010

FO: Goodale



I've finished Goodale and I'm very happy with it. The yarn is Brown Sheep Serendipity Tweed. My biggest modification for this sweater is adding increases along the front. I started the increases at about 2" from the top front edges. By the time I reached the hem, I added about 3" to each of the fronts. This keeps the sweater from flaring wide open in the front.
I made some other customizations as well, because customizing my knits is just how I roll.
- I made it longer and added waist shaping.
- I made 3/4 length sleeves because I had a lot of spare yarn, and longer sleeves are better for fall.
- Instead of sewing the bottoms together for the folds, I folded before the ribbing and picked up 2 stitches together for the front ribbing.
- I sewed down the tops of the front lapels up to the pocket openings.
- I made my I-cord 1 stitch wider but used small needles to keep it tight. I twisted it for a figure 8 in the center.

4 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

Very cute cardi! LOVE the color and the drape!

knitseashore said...

It looks really perfect on you, a perfect weekend in jeans sweater!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous color for you! And very flattering, as always.

yoel said...

Gorgeous! The closure at the top is very cool, and the yarn is perfect for the pattern with the little raised icord ridge. Great job!