Saturday, August 7, 2010
I'm almost finished with my Ambrosia-more-or-less, from Interweave Knits Summer 2010. I say more-or-less because it wasn't until I finished the entire body of the sweater, including finishing the edges and sewing on the hook-and-eye tape, that I realized I had done the front cables differently from the pattern! When I started, I just sort of read the stitch notations, then did the stitch pattern without really actually reading the instructions -- I just did something that I thought looked like the photo. But, it doesn't matter since I like it anyway, and it has basically the same look and feel as the real Ambrosia. My cables just look a little more wavy.
I omitted the middle ribbing section on purpose -- I've discovered that narrow waistline ribbing doesn't really do that much for me and I always fuss too much about its placement. I also raised the neckline a bit so that it's just above the point where the body is split from the sleeves.
It seemed like too many knitters were not entirely happy with the neckline I-cord, so I decided not to try it. Instead, I did my favorite edging of a row of single crochet followed by a row of reverse single crochet.
My yarn is Classic Silk by Classic Elite Yarns. I'm quite happy with this sweater, and I just have one sleeve to go -yay!
I recently cast on for Goodale, using Brown Sheep's Serendipity Tweed. I really like the little pockets formed by folding the fronts over, but I don't w such a wide opening in the front, so I'm adding increase stitches about 3 inches from the edge. That should put the front pieces much closer together after the folding over.