Saturday, January 2, 2010
I recently cast on for a variation on Nimbus, a free Berroco pattern. My yarn is di.Ve' Autunno, a really soft single-ply merino yarn. My gauge at 4 stitches/inch is much finer than the pattern's gauge, so I did my own sizing. I also wanted a longer cardigan with side shaping, and I wanted a higher neckline and a wide asymmetric collar. My sleeves will also be longer at about 2/3 length. This is really quite a quick knit, even at worsted gauge. I started it just before Christmas and I'm now doing the sleeves. I had a couple of false starts with the collar in an attempt to get the circumference and the asymmetry exactly to my liking. I think its circumference ended up a smidgen too big so the collar might flare up a tiny bit, but I got tired of fussing with it, so it will stay as it is.