Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Bluebell almost done!


I'm currently knitting Boatneck Bluebell, from Fitted Knits by Stephanie Japel. I'm using Cascade Sierra and size 6 needle. I'm knitting mainly for the 36.5" size but my gauge is about 18.4 stitches for 4". I did one less round of increases for the bust, but I actually added a couple more even rows before separating for the sleeves because I wanted a comfortable armhole size. I did only 5 increase rows for the hips. My fit guide is a well-fitting purchased raglan sleeved sweater of similar drape, texture, and style. I was concerned about the neckline being too wide, so I used a size 5 needle for the first rows. I did them all as purl rows to get a rolled neckline. The ending purl rows are also in size 5.

And finally, this is going to be a short-sleeved model, so I'm almost done!

No comments: