Saturday, December 10, 2022

Stash Buster Pullover

I finished this pullover some time ago but never got around to taking a photo or two. This is my stash buster pullover, although not entirely so because I did buy two of the yarns. I had the grey Elsebeth Lavold Silky Tweed in my stash as well as the dusty rose Batiste by Knit One Crochet Too. I had to buy one skein each of the white and pink Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool because I didn't have anything else in my stash that were suitable colors. The grey midsection is knitted side to side and the top and bottom sections are picked up and knit vertically. I also used a broken rib on the bottom and a simple knit-purl squares pattern on the pink. I think I could have used an extra 1/2 inch or so of length, but in general, it's a very wearable top for spring or fall.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I love the colors and the fact that it is reminiscent of a Log Cabin but really is its own thing. Is there a pattern? Or did you wing it? Chloe

betty said...

Hi Chloe --

I never thought of the log cabin thing, but I see it now that you mention it! There's no pattern -- I just thought up something simple and I did the midsection sideways because I didn't want to do any intarsia with the pink and grey!

Anonymous said...

Clever idea! It’s hard for me to believe that intarsia was all the rage in the 1980’s when most people vigorously avoid it nowadays. Including me. Chloe