Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Copycat cardigan

I finished this little cardigan earlier in August. It's a copycat cardigan because I used a ready-to-wear cardi that I've owned and loved for years as a template for the size and shape. The ready-to-wear version is in black and it's more finely knit but the drape is about the same and I got the sizing to match up very well. The simple 1x1 cable pattern on the front and back is just something I've knitted on cowls and such. I was thinking of adding a small clasp closure at the neckline but I might just let it hang open. The purchased sweater has these small hook and eye closures on the front but I never wear it closed. This was knitted with Debbie Bliss Rialto DK. I wanted this sweater to wear with many of my soft dresses that are gathered in a bit at or above the waist. I like this shape so much that I'm going to make another cardi using a combination of a merino yarn and kid silk haze, mainly because I've always wanted to knit a cardi with kid silk haze. I think I might do a slightly simpler stitch pattern for the next version just because it's kid silk haze and I don't want ot have to correct mistakes with it!

1 comment:

Ellen Bloom said...

Very pretty sweater! So versatile too! Nice job!